California Kids Consignment
Consignor Agreement and Release From Liability
In consideration to participate and profit from the California Kids Consignment (CKC) event, the undersigned consignor is in agreement to the following terms and conditions:
1) CKC will take all reasonable precautions to prevent loss, damage, and/or theft. Consignor acknowledges possibility of such occurrences and is choosing to proceed in consignment with CKC. All items consigned to CKC are at the sole risk of the consignor.
2) CKC leaser and/or owner of space where the event is held, volunteers and/or paid participants of CKC and insurer of CKC shall be held harmless, and released from liability with no claims for damaged, stolen, or lost consigned items.
3) CKC leaser and/or owner of space where the event is held, volunteers and/or paid participants of CKC and insurer of CKC shall be released from liability and waived any and all claims for personal injury resulting from participation in the event, for all cause, whether foreseen or unforeseen.
4) CKC reserves the right to return any items deemed not saleable to the Consignor upon drop-off inspection, and remove any items from the sales floor for the same reason . All items marked “discount” will be sold on the last day of the sale for 50% of its price marked on the tag. Consignor agrees that after the designated consignor pick-up time, any items that remain in CKC possession becomes the property of CKC. All items marked "Donate" will automatically be marked "Discount". CKC reserves the right to have final opinion about which items will be accepted into the sale.
5) Consignor assumes and bears all risk for consigned items, and releases CKC from any and all liability. Consignor releases CKC, leaser and/or owner of space where the event is held, volunteers and/or paid participants, and insurer of CKC from compensation for lost, stolen, or damaged merchandise.
6) Consignor will receive 65% of the profit on their merchandise that sells, unless consignor is volunteering, or terms are pre-stated in writing at the discretion of CKC. Should the total selling profit not exceed the paid registration fee, the fee will be refunded to the consignor with their consignor check. CKC will act with diligence to mail consignor checks no later than 2 weeks after the conclusion of the event.
7) Consignor releases CKC for discrepancies involving items consigned at the sale and agrees that no claims will be made against CKC, leaser and/or owner of space where the event is held, volunteers and/or paid participants, and insurer of CKC.
8) Consignor agrees that items with missing tags may be sold at the discretion of CKC, which may be exact, below, or over the consignor’s predetermined selling price. All sales transactions will be conducted with intent to benefit the consignor. CKC will search inventory descriptions of items with missing tags in order to credit sale profits to the consignor. If the appropriate tag is not recovered, the item will not be sold, and it will be the sole responsibility of the Consignor to pick up the missing tag item after the sale. All missing tag items left after the pick up deadline will become property of CKC.
9) I have checked my items for recalls with the consumer product and safety commission. All my consigned items are safe for use under CPSC guidelines.
By registering for a consignor number, or activating my previous consignor number, I have read, understand, and agree to the terms of the Consignor Agreement and release California Kids Consignment from all liability.